Mental health is a state of well-being in which every individual realises his or her own potential, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to her or his community. (World Health Organization)
At St Saviour’s C of E Academy, we are committed to promoting positive mental health and wellbeing for every child and every member of staff. We do this in a variety of different ways these include
- PSHE lessons happen on a weekly basis. In these lessons, mental health and well-being are at the forefront of the children’s learning.
- All our staff recognise the importance of listening to each and every child and their worries/concerns. They can then support them to find a solution/ point them in the right direction for support.
- We invite in charities and companies (NSPCC for example) to promote positive mental health.
- We run regular assemblies for the children to promote positive mental health and to remind them of the support that is available at the academy.
- We are part of The Children and Young People’s mental Health Trailblazer pilot which is being implemented across North Staffordshire.
- We are looking to use the My Happy Mind programme throughout school, which will help us to create a positive mental wellbeing culture in which children build resilience, self-esteem, and character.